Tuesday, June 11, 2013

New RaceCenter NW Article Out Now - Toughest Half Marathons in the Northwest



Yes, the new issue of RaceCenter is out and yes, I have a new article in the new issue of RaceCenter. And it's out.

So head over to your closest running-type store or the nearest Jamba Juice and pick up a copy. Also, pick up a Peanut Butter Moo'd Smoothie 'cause that thing is like smoothie crack. It's good! And not nearly as good for you as most Jamba Juice smoothies, so it's like a double-bonus!

If you're all geeked-up and techie, just head over here and you can read the whole thing online. It's what all the cool kids are doing.

So my article is on the most brutal half marathons in the Northwest. And no, I have run exactly none of them. I've heard there are such people out there; freaks that look for the most difficult race possible. But I've never been one of them and I never plan to be. Still, after months of careful research, planning, interviews and an unhealthy relationship with Google, I found 10 such races just for your enjoyment. Or not. If you're like me. Which you probably should be. Because I'm pretty awesome.

But I digress. There are other great articles and such in the new issue, but I'll be honest, I haven't read them yet, so I'm not going to spout off about them too much. Max "F-ing" King has an interesting article on maintaining your fitness as you age. Well, it's interesting to me, because I'm older than hell, so I'll definitely be reading that one soon. (yes, I did say Max "F-ing" King because Max is perhaps the most amazing runner on the planet, and I just feel that having King as a last name isn't quite enough - he needs an expletive within his name so there is absolutely no question what kind of person you're dealing with. This also works with Michael "F-ing" Jordan and Dr. "F-ing" Seuss.)

See you out on the race course. You know, the easy, flat ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment