Friday, June 21, 2013

Hansons Marathon Method - Review in Progress - Day 42 of 123



Damn you, Garmin!

So Thursday's workout was a Tempo run of 7 miles. I ran a warmup of 1 mile, then my 7 miles tempo, and finally a cooldown of 1 mile. Total: 9 miles.

I believe I hit my tempo pace of 7:50 on every mile of the 7, except for the 3rd, which is the same uphill mile that caught me here. I've now decided that I've either got to find a truly flat route or just throttle back on that hill. That particular mile has about 125 feet of climbing and I just can't keep a 7:50 pace through that. Well, maybe I could, but I'd collapse into a pile at the end instead of continuing to run 4 more miles at pace, so...

But other than that, I believe I hit every other mile under pace. I say "believe" because the damn Garmin froze up and deleted my run. Doh!

It was working throughout the run, so it looked like I was under. But losing the run before I could check my "moving" time, which takes out the stops at lights, etc, means I'm not 100% sure.

I'm not sure which Garmin engineer thought the four-prong charger was a good idea, but you were wrong, weren't you? I've lost a number of runs by not having the connection just right.

Anyway, I felt like I was running well. I'm sure I'll feel it on Friday's run, but one day at a time.

Go buy the book:



No comments:

Post a Comment