Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Best Running Song for May - Tiesto vs. Diplo - C'mon!



I'm not usually big into dance music, but let me tell you, this song right here was the song from my iPod playlist that got me going during the Corvallis Half. There's just amazing energy in this song. It's "C'Mon" by Tiesto vs. Diplo (featuring Busta Rhymes). I know, right?

Good dance moves in this video, although the whole snake thing at the end is just...odd.

I think my favorite thing about this song, besides the fact that Diplo takes his DJ name from a dinosaur (Diplodocus), is that Busta Rhymes is still out there, well...busting rhymes. I mean, this guy has got to be up there in years. I remember him from my UW days with Tribe Called Quest and "Scenario." Another great song to run to, by the way. Man, that was way back in 1991. Damn, me and Busta are old...

Anyway, old school coming at you!



Plus, check out Spike Lee at the 1:18 mark. It's gotta be the shoes, Mike!

Rock that Run!

Past Best Running Songs:
April: Grouplove / "Tongue Tied"
March: Foxy Shazam / "I Like It"
February: Foster the People / "Don't Stop"
January: Hot Hot Heat / "Bandages"
December: Camp Lo / "Luchini aka This Is It"
November: Wolfmother / "Joker and the Thief"
October: Phoenix / "1901"
September: Matt and Kim / "Daylight"
August: Collie Buddz / "Holiday"
July: Pretenders / "Tattooed Love Boys"
June: The Wombats / "Moving to New York"
May: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros / "40 Day Dream"
April: Foxy Shazam / "Unstoppable"
March: Pharrell / "Fun Fun Fun"
February: Puff Daddy / "Come With Me"
January: We Are Scientists / "The Great Escape"
December: Cee Lo Green / "F**k You"
November: Tokyo Police Club / "Breakneck Speed"
October: Two Door Cinema Club / "Something Good Can Work"
September: Stone Temple Pilots / "Cinnamon"
August: Louis XIV / "Guilt by Association"
July: Devo / "Fresh"
June: Saliva / "Your Disease"
May: Metric / "Gold Guns Girls"
April: OK Go / "This Too Shall Pass"
March: The Hours / "Ali In The Jungle"
February: Los Fabulosos Cadillacs / "El Matador"
January: White Rabbits / "Percussion Gun"
December: Deftones / "Knife Prty"
November: The Kooks / "Always Where I Need To Be"
October: At the Drive In / "One Armed Scissor"
September: Silversun Pickups / "Lazy Eye"
August: Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros / "Johnny Appleseed"
July: Deathray / "I Wanna Lose Control (Uh Oh)"
June: Raconteurs / "Salute Your Solution"
May: Tea Party / "Save Me"
April: Bloc Party / "Like Eating Glass"
Ever: The English Beat / "I Confess"

No comments:

Post a Comment